Home alone

I get up late at 8:30am like a lazy cat. My roomie is already gone to office. I see a face in the mirror which is my virtual image - this is the only other face I get to see apart from my real face. Then, it is time to go online and check for my dad to see if he is online. Surely he will be around by the time I prepare my morning tea.

After talking for a while about everything around the globe with my parents, it is already 11am! Almost time for brunch. I just notice that last night, I had ground the dosa batter. After checking the condition of the batter, I am satisfied to run to the grocery store and get some butter to make some wonderful dosas with butter. :). Dosa eaten - wow what a treat for myself. No one around to share it :(. chalta hai.

It is already past noon. Time to check blogs of friends and also check news online. Also time to watch some news channels - Zee news, NDTV India, etc. Again try to catch up with parents to discuss on the news I just saw. Dad always not happy with Indian cricket team ;). He didn't put me into cricket academy when I was a kid. This would have made him always talk good about the team as I would have been there you know!

It is already 2pm. Nothing done so far in the day. Make a few phone calls here and there to get updates about my upcoming project. I get to know paperwork is going on and everything should be up and running next week. FINE! Gaze the trees outside the window and tell to yourself that trees are becoming bald day by day. Come back in and read something useful. After few minutes, get sleepy. Sleep. Get up. It is already 5pm. Roomie might come soon. Time to get ready for evening snacks and dinner. Roomie calls to inform that he will be late today. So, this leaves me 'home alone' for few more hours.

Evening tea and search for something informative on google videos. After few minutes, I see my music books on my desk. Start singing for a while. Stop in between as it is time to cook. Cook dinner and eat it alone. It is already 10pm yaar.

This is somewhat I have been doing for the past few days - kind of vacation. I know I will start my project next week which will make me think days will not be as monotonous as above. Now I can imagine people who fly from swades and happen to be in almost the same situation sitting at home all alone with no face to talk. I am, no doubt, enjoying my days now by doing something or the other. But, for people who are new to this world, I think it is a little tougher to be in a situation like this.

Comments

PRIDERA said…
Enjoy your free time
Unknown said…
Man, I would looov to be in your shoes. Enjoy this as long as it lasts.. you may never find this solitude again!
Akira said…
Enjoy leisure while it lasts buddy!

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India