Must tell scam

How will it be to keep 50 million rupees in a bank for a month? With good interest rates, surely a million will be flowing in our pocket just by sitting under a tree.

This is what a cell phone company is doing, duping it's customers by over charging and then readjusting in the next bill. Below is the story:

I got a call from my cell phone service provider that I have an unbilled usage of Rs. 11,000 and it was a heads-up to make interim payment to avoid disruption. With a long conversation, I explained that this information is bogus and got an assurance that there will be no disruption of service. They were not providing the usage details as the bill gets generated on the 28th of every month. Even with a bill in hand, there are so many people who don't check the bill details before making a payment. Even with a couple of rupees of mismatch, a company can suck millions of rupees due to huge customer base.

After 4 hours, my 3G service got disconnected. When I called customer support, they were reading out the same information of a huge amount. Only way to get back my service was to make an interim payment of Rs. 1,500. As I track my usage daily, I know that my next bill will have an amount around Rs. 800. With Rs. 700 extra payment which will get settled in my next bill, I would have loaned my money to that company that has 100 million subscribers in India. If they dupe at least a million with excess amount, they can pocket considerable amount to get interest generated in the bank. I explained all these calculations and the consequences they will have to face if they didn't restart my 3G immediately. I told that I will make my expected payment amount of Rs. 800 right away (and not Rs. 1,500 as they had mentioned). Within an hour of persistence and followup I came out of the bakra mode.

Comments

Unknown said…
What a shameful way of generating cash!

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India