Returning back to India

This blog will go for a long discussion within me. If this is Chapter 1, there will be many more chapters to come till I make a decision. Very often, I get this question - "Should I go back?" If so, when?

Sometimes I feel, I should. Other times, I don't see the need. This change of answers inside me is just swinging like a pendulum. I have seen people being in this phase and then finally deciding to go back. The end result is so much to take and give that it is a total change of life for someone who has lived outside India for nearly 5 years.

Hasn't India changed in the past 5 years? Can I adjust to the latest society and trends? How is it to live in a busy city and work in an office 20 miles away from home. How is the work environment in India? I don't know have an answer to the last question as I haven't worked in India.

What will I get going back to India? That is a touch question to answer too. In simple sense, I will get back to 'my' place - the food, entertainment, family/friends, language, etc.

What will I do going back? hmmmm I don't want to do anything :). I want to get a small job which can support my food and shelter. More importantly, I want to give back of what I have learnt in the past 5 years - be it education, music, IT field, social aspects, etc.

What is that I am talking of 'having learnt' coming out of India - I have enjoyed to appreciate abstract art - be it photography, painting, theatre, music.... I want to experience India in a better way by seeing 'my own' land from a different perspective. I haven't seen India as much I have seen the US :(. With my experience in photography, I want to travel in India and know different cultures and traditions spread out all over the country.

My music - surely, I will enjoy the most there!

Comments

micromysore said…
one question at a time .. pal !!
Smi said…
//Can I adjust to the latest society and trends?
After having lived twenty plus years of your life in your country, which includes your formative years(if there's anything like that!), would you say you were detached from the society at any point?
Trust me, if you were able to "adjust" to the "latest trends" in the US,which are a far cry from what's "latest" out here, you'd do just fine!:)
Shyam said…
@Smi - what I meant were silly things like people becoming more addicted to TV soaps, the wave of SMS messaging, and the like.
I didn't change my lifestyle much after coming to US.
Overall, my state is more in the quasi!
Smi said…
I dunno about the soaps and the detergents, but yes, I agree there could be nothing more annoying than "The Great SMS Swindle"!
There are no radio/TV shows today that don't urge you to send in SMSes their way for no rhyme or reason..Surely many people realise its the TV/Radio channel's ploy to make a fast buck, yet nothing stops them from obliging!
PRIDERA said…
So, any inclination towards any side for now or still debating ?
Satish said…
Follow your heart and you will be fine....
You see the same Sun & Moon in India too..so things are not entirely different over there...
Akira said…
Vango..vango :)

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal