Bangalore Traffic

Bangalore traffic (Photo courtesy:Web)
I got a chance to drive around the city in the past few weeks for one reason or the other. It is shocking to see the change of traffic sense in people compared to a decade ago. I am already feeling like I am 2-3 generations older compared to the younger lot. It is the first time after a decade or so I am getting a feel of Bangalore city traffic.

Outer Ring Road: Ufffff. Metro construction is going on. It is pathetic to drive on that road from Silk Board to Old Airport area. There is a service lane road that is in very poor condition. When I was standing in a signal, I was thinking, "why are these people driving on such a bad road on service road?". I got the answer minutes later when I got stuck in jam for an hour. I recommend, please avoid this road for the next couple of years.

Hosur Road (flyover): Flyover from Silkboard junction to Electronic city is in good condition. But, the people driving/riding on that road are having poor traffic sense when compared to international standards (Road looks international though!). When I did the exit to join the NICE road, I got missed out on the mess down under. The road below the flyover is a puzzle by itself. Once we enter, we cannot take any deviation into service roads as there is a barricade.

CBD (Central Business District): Roads inside the city will look like ant paths from an aeroplane flying above the city. When we halt in a signal, two wheelers surround the car like ants/bees. When I signal turns green, all the riders wobble and toggle to speed away in haste.

City Market Flyover: This flyover was beautiful in 2001. It was fun to ride on that road that had got opened just then. Now, little more than chaos exists. Where-ever flyover structure joins, the road has a big bump which slows down traffic every 100 meters.

Seeing all these, I don't know how traffic management will be done in the coming decades. People must start planning solutions this now, else, they will face a dead-end with nowhere to go in the near future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India