One Sunny Morning

Last night, I was introducing my wife to the concept of Toastmasters Club and had shown her few 'Humorous Speech' videos from Youtube. She instantly gave me the topic, "One Sunny Morning". I couldn't think much at the moment as RCB was losing to SRH in the IPL match.

After reaching office today, I called my wife and narrated the below story, "One Sunny Morning":

This morning, after getting ready, I started walking towards my cab at 7am. Just then, I started hearing the 'lapp-tapp' sound from my left foot. For my surprise the sole had chipped off in front. I reached the gate and thought of telling the cab driver to stop me on the way to office to buy fevi-quik. Fortunately or unfortunately, the driver was busy working with changing the flat tyre. This gave me good reason to run back home and wear another pair of shoes. As I walked, the sound, 'lapp-tapp' increased. For people taking the morning walk, my walk looked peculiar which resembled neither a cat walk nor a brisk walk to catch the morning office vehicle. Without wasting much time, I halted. Looked at sole. plucked out the remaining 20% sticking to the shoe. With that, my left shoe looked naked at the sole. Now, I had my office bag on my back, lunch bag in my right hand and sole on my left. I didn't want to throw away the sole that looked in good shape. Only thing required was to stick it back to shoe and this pair should be back to normal. So, my intention was to retain the sole! Where? How? I put my lunch box in to the front pocket of laptop bag and put the sole in the lunch bag. With that, I saved my sole! I looked at my left naked shoe and then once at my right shoe. For someone in front, I concluded that they wouldn't see any change in my 'sole'!

Without taking much time, I walked back to cab. Cab driver had completed replacing the tyre. We started 10 minutes late, yet, reached office as per schedule. Thanks to Ambedkar Jayanti (April 14).

That was the narration to my wife over phone. She said,"wow, nice story. You really took good time to create a story for the topic I had given last night." I had to work hard to convince her that this was not a cooked-up story, but a real story out of the oven just now on a Sunny Morning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India