Grammy Awards, a step closer


“Mom and dad, you are welcome to Grammy Awards Ceremony”.

Surely, I need wait for a while for the above statement to come true. Grammy became closer to me by one step when I met one of the legends of World Fusion last night. That legend is the lead of a band which plays Indian, African and Jazz – World Fusion in a good sense.

‘yeh world hai na world (Bunty aur Babli style), iss mein dho tarah ke sapney hotein hai. Ek – jo aankh bandh karke dekhte hai; dho – jo aankh khulla rakhke dekthe hai’. The first one is when we are asleep, while the second one is what I do ;). I can see dreams better during the day because I wear corrective lenses which make my vision betterJ. This is what I am doing right now. Is it called ‘day-dreaming’???!!!!!!

So fortunate am I to meet legends in the ranks of …… . I will not name the people here because the list is a long one L. OK will complete my dream a bit more and then take you through reality ;). If I can meet people so talented as … (no names again), then I am really a step closer to becoming something better, achieving something more. I am so positive in life that every time something challenging comes up in life, I think – ‘shaayad yeh hosaktha hai’ – for example, the day I met CEO abc, I dreamt to be BG, the day I met met a scientist/scholar, I dreamt to win a nobel puraskaar. Ha ha ha. I just take it as a learning process which makes me closer to making ‘impossible’ possible.

Enough of thinking. Coming back to my rendezvous last night – he is a very great guy, plays the soprano saxophone. The evening was a good one with talking, singing and eating. Can you imagine teaching ‘vatapi gaNapathim bhaje’ in ‘hamsadvani’ to someone who has performed at various venues across the globe? I had the experience during the meetingJ and he wrote it down in his musical language and played it for me within minutes. It was zimPly (simply) awesome. Just compare this scenario with teaching a new language to someone and they talking in that language making full sense within 10 minutes of teaching. Music is such a unique language that is so easy to make complete sense if you understand the ‘universal’ language of music!

Dinner was served and singing continued after that. It went till midnight before it was time for me to leave. After coming home, I realized, I should thank my mom and dad for all these. No doubt I am born out of music – in the sense – my mom liked my dad after listening to his voice. How romantic it is!!!! Ha ha ha. Surely, I will have two seats reserved for them for the Grammy Awards Ceremony. Arre, mera bhaiyya-bhabhi kahaan gaye??? Uske ticket kaun dega? Tension math le bhai. You are in my band man! So, you are already in the hall J. Last, but not least, mere fans kahaan gaye??? Hmmmm they are hooked to TV watching it live J. Oh, train stop arrived - Office jaaneka waqt aagaya. Next time I start dreaming about this, I will think about what to talk when I am on stage – should I talk or should I sing??? May be speechless ;)

Comments

I am said…
sahhhiiiiiiiiiiii...Congrat's shyam... i want to attend the first performance.btw, i need a reserved ticket..front seat :D

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India