Guides

How do you relate the term "Guide" in your life? Travel 'Guide' ... one who takes you around a historical place to explain the value of that place? Or, 'a person', who has been your moral support throughout your career/life/etc. ???

Think over the word "guides". For me, the moment, I bought this book, it reminded me of my high school and college "Guides", which had all readymade question and answers in them! "MCC Guides" were a popular brand. All teachers hated 'guides' because it made the students copycat types. These guides were really handy in 11th and 12th when we had languages and I hardly open the textbook.

In Engineering, 'guides' were replaced by something called, 'xerox-notes'. Two places which were/are popular in Bangalore = Krishna xerox in Malleswaram area and Classic xerox in Hanumanthanagar area.

Why am I reminded of 'guides' and 'xerox'? I bought a Java programming related book which is really kewl and is a tiny book with 100-200 pages only. It has super kewl stuff to make me learn many things in no time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India