My days of Computer games

I got into playing a 20-over cricket match on my computer last night. It was Cricket-97 Ashes Tour (1) version which I used to play a lot during my BE. Playing this game after a long time made me nostalgic of the days when I was a real computer games. This blog lists a variety of games of those yester years.

My brother used to borrow games from his friends and I, in turn, used to play more than him. My first game was Wolfenstein (Wolf 3D) (2) which was installed by the one who assembled a 486-computer for us for 44,000 rupees! The sounds of dogs barking and the doors of the cells opening and closing are still ringing in my ears.

Few days later, my brother got me Prince of Persia (3) and then, Prince of Persia II (4). This game was out of fever in few days. This was the time when we got to play one more silly game - Test Drive (TD) (5) and Test Drive III (TD III) (6). Don't know why we played that game. TD was designed to give some virtual driving experience to the people in US. The game was peculiar with left hand drive and poor graphics. Suddenly, it used to rain and we had to start wipers. From no-where, it used to get dark and we had to put the headlights! Just for fun, I used to drive off the road to see what's around in the fields ;).

Games like Tetris (7) (that brick falling and assembling one) were a real nightmare. I used to play upto 11pm and then go to bed. In the middle of the night, I used to get a feeling of bricks falling and me assembling them! Similar was Aladin 2D (8) game. It was one of the cute games I played.

Years later came Road Rash (9) and FIFA 2001 (Soccer) (10). Road Rash didn't catch my imagination a lot. More was F1 racing (11) on which I went crazy in 2001. Whenever I see the F1 circuits, I feel that the roads are familiar - Monaco was a kewl one. Easiest one was the Australian circuit with long stretches to reach 330 Kmp/h.

Game which was most boring was "Age of Empires" (12) which many played with full interest. When Online games started, I was out of computer games. If I were to start playing that now, I don't think I will enjoy them as much as I did those typical non-server games.

When I list those games as numbered in the brackets above, I have played a dozen games (just to name).

Other games which I played -
13) Windows Chess
14) Solitaire, Hearts (Card games)
15) Snow Olympics
16) Space Rider
17) Pacman (how can I forget this?!)
18) Text Twist (Yahoo! games)
19) Snake (Linux games)
20) Minesweeper
21) Lion King
22) One Detective Game which used to take us around the globe giving clues
23) Battleship
24-30) Few more for sure!

Comments

micromysore said…
yessssssssss .. my list is longer :P

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India