A story narrated

This is a very story which I got to know recently. I wasn't aware about the details. But, I knew something like this had happened.

In my office, I see this guy slightly limping because of an injury. I had talked to him over phone many times in the past couple of months. I started seeing him in meetings recently. Couple of days ago, I got to hear this horrifying story. His injury was because of an accident on Aug 3 2008.

I do remember this - it was August 4th morning when I heard the news in our morning Synch up call that, one of our colleagues met with an accident and died on the spot. We had minute's silence to condole the demise of Sudeep (name changed).

The one I keep meeting now was the rider and the one who passed away was the pillion on the motor bike. My friend, Gopal (name changed) narrates the story...

We were friends for the past 3 years. He was from the north and had not visited Chennai. Since I was visiting Chennai for the weekend, I asked him if he liked to accompany me. With great enthusiasm, he agreed.

It was August 3rd evening. We had finished shopping in Spenser Plaza (Chennai). Sudeep told me that it was Friendship day. He bought a chain for himself and told me to tie it around his neck just after the purchase. It was just after sunset and the plan was to have dinner at our aunt's place and head back to Bangalore that same night.

We were riding on the motor cycle and in front of us was a bus. At the signal, we had to turn right. So was the bus in front of us. I was turning the bike to the right tail of the bus and was nearing the road-divider. From behind, a trunk came at a sufficiently high speed and rammed at us without stopping. Left side of my body including my leg hit the bus in front. Sudeep was hit by the truck directly on his head. He became unconscious. We didn't even fall to the ground. There was no bleeding on Sudeep's head. He was immediately taken to the nearby hospital where he was declared dead.

The friend who was more than happy to shop for my engagement scheduled 4 days away was no more among us within minutes. I got as per schedule and immediately after the engagement, I got admitted to hospital to get a major surgery on my left knee.

That was the story narrated.

I was really shocked to hear the incidence. I was also told that, Sudeep had completed a major project 4 days ago and had taken 2 days break from work. He met all his classmates and family who were not in Bangalore. Sudeep and Gopal had planned to go on a vacation to Singapore on August 15th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India