Day 1 in Singapore

Landed in Singapore at 6:10am. Immigration was done within 10 minutes. I was at my designated guest house by 6:45am. The moment I showed the address to the taxi driver, he said, "Oh, this is a house, I know". My first experience of Singapore was heavy condensation! Once I opened the taxi to step out into Singapore soil, my glasses needed wipers for nearly a minute. It was 27 degrees at 6:45am.

I got used to the transport system here. Bus, MRT, taxi, walking - all are useful modes of transport. I felt the weather to be very hot and humid.

One funny thing to remember - This is the first time I got into a 50 storeyed building (our office here in Singapore is located on the 33rd floor with a beautiful view to the ocean and downtown). On the ground floor, I pressed the "Go UP" button and waited. There were 8 elevators and one of them arrived. I got in to that and for my surprise, it took me to 41 st floor. There was no button inside to click 33 :(. Then, I figured out that 2 of the 8 elevators are for 40-50 floor ONLY and there is a button saying, "Transit at 31". At 31st floor, I made a elevator switch to reach my office.

In the evening, I visited little India area including Mustafa, dinner at Ananda Bhavan. Day 1 was filled with roaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India