Full Thrill goes 'ttthai ttthai fissssh'

One fine sunny afternoon, phone rang and mom picked up. Let me name the caller AP.

AP: Hello Madam, Is this Shakunthala Devi's residence?
Mom: Yes
AP: May I talk to her please.
Mom: Yes, I am Dr. Shakunthala Devi.

AP: Oh, Madam. I am so thrilled. My name is AP and I am calling from Vivekananda School in Arunachal Pradesh. We are students of class 10. We got your number from the internet. We want your biodata. Where did you do your primary school?
Mom: Kolar.
AP: Is that a place in Karnataka?
Mom: Yes.
AP: Where do you live right now? In Bangalore?
Mom: Yes.
What is the name of your parents?
Mom: S...... and S............
(Spelling those names were tough. Those kids on the phone confirmed it twice!)
Mom: Why do you need my biodata?
AP: We are doing an exhibition in our school. In one room, we are keeping all the mathematical signs and information on them. We thought of naming that room after you.
(Kids are super thrilled to mention this to mom)
Mom: I am not a Mathematician you want. I am an Obstetrician.

Tttthai Tttthai Fisssssh


AP: Oh. Is it? :( We found this number on the internet. Sorry ma'am.
Mom: Don't be sorry. I get so many calls like this one. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India