Fraud Webpage related to Income Tax in India

Do not submit bank details online. Today, I got a bogus email (which looked genuine).

I got an email to my gmail inbox that I am getting a refund (from Income Tax).


Email screenshot

I clicked on "To Submit a request, CLICK HERE". It took me to a typical Income Tax Website. I noted the URL (website address). It is a bogus address and is a hacking method!


Income Tax Website with WRONG URL

Next, I selected a bank and it opened up a page similar to my bank page. Again, the URL is a bogus one. The page looks similar to 'your' bank page.



Bank Website screenshot with WRONG URL

Do not take any action to such emails. Income Tax Department doesn't ask for any account details via email.

Comments

Unknown said…
A typical phishing scam....

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India