Ladakh Trip Day-1

We (5 friends) started from Bangalore on June 13 2019 night from Bangalore to Delhi. My plan was to reach Leh on Friday morning at 7:10am. My 4 friends took the road on Friday morning to drive 400kms to Leh.

I reached Leh as per plan. My host (Tenzin) picked me up at the airport. The drive from airport to homestay was 10 minutes only. I stayed at The Golden Apricot on Fort Road.

Landed in Leh


I was served upma for breakfast. The owner of the hotel told me to rest for the day to acclimatize with the height and weather.
Upma for breakfast on Day-1

After resting for 3-4 hours, I was kicking to roam around. I hired a two wheeler and had Google maps as my assistant.

Hired 2-wheeler
Rode to Thiksey Monastery that is 30 minutes away from Leh, about 15 kms. This ride was the most memorable one for me as I hadn't ridden a 2-wheeler for more than 15 years. With Google maps, I had all the freedom to roam around like a local person. I reached Thiksey on Leh Manali highway.

Thiksey Monastery

End of the day, I was satisfied to have reached Leh and spend my Day-1 in an eventful manner. My friends who started from Manali on road were stuck in Keylong due to heavy traffic and road blockage. From my side, I had one worry - My DSLR camera started to malfunction in two ways - 1) There were couple of dark spots because of dirt hitting the sensor. 2) The lens stopped working (could be because of cold weather). Its auto focus mode wasn't working. I didn't try too much for that day.

Tenzin arranged for my shared-visited to Tso Moriri for my Day-2. Day-3 was planned as return from Tso Moriri back to Leh.

For night, I had maggi for dinner and hit bed at 9:30pm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India