Ladakh Trip Day-2

Saturday, June 15 2019

Breakfast - MTR Ready-to-eat Poha.

Got ready and boarded the shared cab to Tso Moriri. Made a quick call to family back home to inform that I will be away from cell phone signal for next 2 days. Nubu was our driver for next 2 days. In the cab were 3 more passengers - A couple sitting in the back along with me and a lady from Arunachal Pradesh (AP) sitting in front seat. After 5 minutes on road, we had the ice breaker and for my surprise, I got to know that the couple were from Bangalore. We spent nice time talking and sharing our Ladakh experiences. The couple had already finished visiting Nubra Valley and Pangong. The lady from AP had visited Kargil already. Their visits gave me good information for my upcoming visit to those places.

Leh to Tso Moriri - 220km - Took around 6 hrs

We reached Tso Moriri by 3pm.

First Glimpse of Tso Moriri


Tso Moriri with varied colors


Blue Tso Moriri


Panoramic view of Tso Moriri with mirror reflection

We stayed at a place near Tso Moriri. There are multiple accommodations available near the lake. We were told that we will get rooms and there is no prior booking required. We negotiated and got a room for Rs.1,500 per night. As it turned 9pm, temperature dropped and I started to feel really cold though we stayed in a concrete built hotel.

View of Tso Moriri from the room

Hotel management informed that there will be no electricity from 11pm onwards. By midnight, severe cold weather had hit me with a bad headache. Full night, I had to bear this though I took tablet and applied balm.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India