Bangle store in Jayanagar!

Bhavani Kangan Stores, Jayanagar, Bangalore.
It is a three storeyed bangle store which my fiancee and I visited couple of weeks ago. The floor size of each floor is around 20 feet x 10 feet and each floor is filled with dozens of people in such a small area.

Each floor is categoried into specific items. For example, one floor is full of bindhi-s, while the other, artificial jewels. We first went to the top most floor. I could hardly walk around and with much difficultly stayed with my fiancee. Once she got the item she wanted, she was given a token and told to go to ground floor to collect the item after payment.

We then moved to the middle floor. By this time, I was sure not to get into the crowd and told my fiancee to get in alone and buy whatever she wanted. There too, she was given a token. Finally in the ground floor, we went to the counter and gave our tokens. Soon, our items were handed over. I just wondered who is that 'carrier' person who keeps going up and down to collect items and bring it down! Just then, I saw a small lift(elevator) kind of a thing which is small, but large enough to transport items purchased on other floors.

What fascinated me was the business model - just think - women keep buying all these cosmetics and other products all round the year. If a store like this is popular, 100s of people come every day. This store, I think has the reputation of selling every item! When I was near the counter, bills rolled out in the range of thousands of rupees. Tracking of purchases and billing system is quick with that token and lift system. I am sure he is doing a good business!

I was dumb struck with one thing - What are these (100s) doing here on a weekday afternoon? Well..., they were shopping to look good, better, best ;).

Comments

Satish said…
3 floors..Amazing for a bangle store!. "Drop" system used to be popular with the Multi-storied shoe stores around 10 years back.If you buy something in the 3rd floor, item would be dropped in the chute -directly to the cashier!
I remember reading sometime back..there is a ladies tailorshop in Chamarajapet which specializes in blouse stitching. The fun / expertise with them is you just need to provide the photograph and no need for any measurements!. I really pity those tailors working there!

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India