India visit

My India visit is going good. First week was hectic because of wedding parties. Next The second week was more a recovery week. This week is packing week. Next week is, 'good bye' week.
There is so much to do and so less time. One thing I am not "following the rules" is visiting people for dinner/lunch/tea/coffee. Most of my relatives and friends have verbally invited me and my wife to visit them. If I start the list, it grows a bit longer than expected. So, 'total cancel' of visit plans.
A few lessons to be written to all those who visit India. Mainly, for their own wedding. This includes all the paperwork which needs to be done to get a visa. One thing is for sure, don't use the 'checklist' given my US visa consulate. This checklist is available once you complete the visa forms (156 and 157). If one follows that list, he/she is sure to get a rejection at the visa interview. Because of inputs from people around, I had all the documents for the interview.
Visa Interview was simple for my wife. Only 1 question - "Show your husband's pay slips". Next comment made by interviewer, "So, you are planning to quit your software job, go there, sit at home, watch TV and sleep...". My wife couldn't believe that interview would have been so simple! No marriage certificate asked, no wedding photos asked, nothing.
There are few changes in Bangalore I can't imagine - 1) (Un)Real Estate prices 2) Traffic. Real estate prices are shooting to space at rocket speed. A crore has become a simple number. Traffic - Don't ask. You are allowed to kiss on the roads few times a day. I mean, you may touch (small touch or a kiss) your vehicle to other vehicles everytime you travel.
Time for packing now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India