Morning faces

It is the same guy who stands at that place every day, that lady waits for the bus right at that corner, this driver drives in full speed right at 7:32 am, and this coconut vendor starts opening his stall by 7:35am - So many faces I do see every day when I am heading to office in the morning.

To start with, I start my house at 7:25am and walk for couple of minutes to reach the stop where our office shuttle arrives at 7:35am. On the way, this is what I see - couple of moms with their kids walking them to school nearby, few senior citizens finishing their morning walk and few getting to stores nearby to buy something urgent. At one specific corner, I daily cut across cow dung on the street. That's because, there are 4-5 cows in the house adjacent to that corner!

Once I reach the stop, my waiting time starts. In that busy street, same set of shuttle buses pass through everyday - few college buses, couple of school buses and many office shuttles. Two college goers always stand there with headphones put to their ears. Did we guys have any such gadgets during our college days??? Ok, their bus arrives and they two are gone. Few more standing now - so called 'techies' - which is the company? One of the biggest IT giants. I am always curious about this - two big buses come one behind another and only 1 stops and the other moves ahead. Why do they have 2 buses coming in the same route and why does one bus go empty without stopping? ;).

Next, one couple come in scooty with their small daughter and stop next to me. This girl, when I saw the first day, was crying to get into the bus. Now, I think, she has got used to school life ;). No more crying :). While the kid is dressed neatly with clean school uniform, the mom is always with the night gown and dad's hair is spread out in all directions. May be, they were too busy in getting the kid ready to school. One school bus arrives and the kid is kissed by her mom and put in. vrrrrum goes the bus.

Who else is left? Me??? Few more faces - That coconut vendor starts opening the cover which he would have used to cover the coconuts. The cover is a thick opaque polythene material and he uses ropes to make sure it is secure. Don't know how secure the coconuts are beneath this cover!

If it is a Monday, I see the bakery guy starting the week with a complete wash of the place in front of it. He does a complete water/soap wash of the flooring. Marble flooring which was brown few minutes ago, starts to sparkle. Nice way to start the week!

Ok, my shuttle arrives and I get in. In 10 minutes, I arrive at another stop to pick up two more passengers - one young gentleman and one young lady. It took me two weeks to know the voice of the gentleman even though he sat next to me. He didn't talk to me nor did he get any phone calls during our commute to office. That young lady is always gusss-pusss gusss-pussss over phone all the time. After many days when I got a chance to talk to that guy, I got to know that both are from the same state and she does guss-puss guss-puss in Bengali!

Once I arrive at office, all I see is herd of Software Engineers heading into the building trying to start another day :). How do their faces look? typically :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India