Saturday blog

1) From yesterday, I started back my music lessons. It was great to get back to my guru after many years. Song taught - 'karimukha varadha' in 'naata' composed by GNB.

2) One market which is opening up in India is DTH (Direct To Home) television. All we need is a dish antenna. Current players - Tata, Airtel and Reliance.

3) Watching television is so monotonous - all channels are filled with so many competitions that it is easy for anyone to just open a channel and have some competitions in it. Television before was run by actors/television stars/news reports, but now, it is run by common man. Even news channels have Ads saying that common man can send in videos/news clippings and they will put them on their channel. In a way, television channels are making money (if at all they are) by having such shows for which they don't have to pay much to 'common man' to be part of the show.

4) Today, my wife and I visited Big Bazaar shopping mall. I am hunting for Febreze (fabric fresher) for a month now and not able to find that in India markets. If I ask for a fabric freshner, they show me fabric detergent. They haven't heard of any kind of 'freshner' spray.

Comments

sheetal said…
hey!
came to ur blog thru deepti's... if you want some "foreign" stuff, you can place an order in this place called "dubai angadi" (cant remember the name though). Its in one of the gallis in 4th block jayanagar (near archies).
hope this helps..

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India