Planning future

"Where do you see yourself 5 years down the lane?" - This is such a typical question in any interview that answers are well prepared.

Last week, I asked my cafe friend (the one who maintains vending machine) the same question. I asked him, "what do you plan to do 5 years from now?" Usually, when I head for morning 10am coffee, I talk to this guy for couple of minutes. Topics range from Politics to movies. Without much hesitation, I asked him this as I wanted to have an idea how people plan their career.

What did he answer? This is what he had to say - "What sir? You are asking me such a question! We guys are paid some Rs. 5000 and we struggle to make a living out of it. I am yet to settle in life. I don't know what I want to do. All I can think is stay in the present job where I may get promotion and earn little more then."

Does his answer has something to take for everyone? I think so. Everyone must have goals to achieve, else, there is no motivation to earn. Most people, in every walk of life, have the usual idea of earning some percent more than what they earned 5 years ago. If not earning, they want to save/invest money for their family, for their future, etc. This seems to be a very basic principle in life which most follow knowingly or unknowingly.

Bottomline - Everybody has the right to dream!

Comments

I am said…
Yup, without such motivating its hard to sustain myself..

In Obama's word..."every body has a right to dream and deserves a chance to fulfill their dreams"

:)

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India