Philately


Philately
Got a chance to visit the General Post Office (GPO) for some Philately hobby. It was good to get a wide collection of stamps, first day covers, special covers, miniature sheets and couple of books.

My brother and I were crazy about stamps during our childhood. On the way to school, my brother used to get down the auto to get a stamp and first day cover. Those days, these philatelic stamps were 60 paise and first day cover, Rs. 1.60. After few years, each stamp was Rs. 2.00. When I last bought stamps in 2003, rates were Rs.3.00. Now, it is Rs. 5.00.

Best I got this time was a Jasmine miniature sheet - the sheet is scented with Jasmine! I bought a book which has a list of stamps of India from 1800 to 2007.

On my way back, I wanted to experience Vajra bus (A/C city bus). I went to Majestic from GPO and then didn't find that bus. So, had to come in normal bus :). No doubt it was a wonderful experience to travel in the city bus after many years. The Cottonpet Road is such a dilapidated one that I couldn't believe seeing those old and small shops. The cross roads (or gallis) are so small that it is hard to get ventilation in those houses.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

micromysore said…
sooper .. yella dependent on time management to keep doing "things"

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India