Work and Ergonomics

It has been a hectic week (week+weekend) and is expected to be a very busy week ahead.

When a team upgrades and releases a new code to customers, I think it is expected to get tested in the first week. This is exactly what happened on my side. There are lot of 'take away'-s for me with this. If everything goes well, it is a 'smooth release', if not, it will be, 'tough, yet successful' one.

Release started on Wednesday and completed on Friday night. Weekend was the 'post-operative period' (a term mom often uses just after a surgery). This is the time when system has to be carefully monitored. In my case, there can be margin for errors (unfortunately, there were many). But, in case of mom's surgery, there is hardly any scope for things getting wrong. There are no 'patches' for medical surgeries!

On these 2 days, I was supporting the system and moral of the story is - Ergonomics at home was not planned. My sitting posture was bad on a couch and for 14 hours straight on both days. Result - I know all my joints now ;). I also understood the importance of a good chair and table (office desk+ chair). These are so important!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India