Will big screen die?

Are we going to see an end to the big screen theaters? Will people stop watch movies in multiplexes and switch to watching them at home in their home-theaters?

When my wife and I went to a movie theater last week, I was amazed by the size of the theater which has a capacity of nearly 1000. The screens were huge and the movie was house-full. I could compare this to 'theater-drama' which were popular upto 50-60 years ago. Stage shows are no more crowd pullers. Seeing this trend, I just got a thought that wide screen cinema might soon perish.

On the other side, the movie industry in itself is so huge that we can hardly think of it dying. It seems to be ever lasting. What is your take on this question? Will big screen stay for long?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India