Back in Boston

After a great conference and vacation, I am back in Boston.

It was a wonderful tour of the UK with lots of memories. With a few hundles like running out of cash at crucial juncture and no yogurt rice for dinner, most of the things went fine. On the last night of the tour, I hunted down for a dosa restaurant in London. After waiting for 30 minutes, I got to eat wonderful idli, vada and dosa - no doubt my best meal of the tour.

I learnt many tricks too. Never keep your camera inside your bag. Keep roaming around the place with a camera on you and if possible a map in hand. At one instance, I was not following this "traveller's dress code", and people on the streets thought otherwise. I mean, it is not advicable to talk to strangers without a dress code ;).

Next trick - never believe in one person's directions. Always reconfirm. I boldly asked one guy in teens - "Where is the cricket ground?" He promptly showed me the stop to get down from the train. This was 25 miles away from the city. That place turned out to be a stadium with a gym attached to it, not a cricket ground :(. So, never believe one person. ;)

Eat well - more fat and carbs and more energy drinks. I mean, one should be ready to skip a meal if they are in the middle of some visit.

Best way to see a place is by foot - not by train, bus, taxi or car. Just have a map in hand and start walking.

Back to Boston now. :)

Comments

SimblyDimply said…
So, never believe one person. ;)

Have learnt that the hard way..life likes redundancy..

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India