Running thought

I was running in the gym and my mind was running faster than I;).

"Why is this gym so empty? Why don't people us the facilities? If these were provided in our country, people would have flocked the area round the clock."
This thought led me to one of my most sought out discussion - education system. When I was a kid, people visiting home from the US explained a lot about encouraging kids in activities. There were few comments on me moving to the US. I mean, it was just a dream then. Coming to today's world, I surely feel that India too has developed in the past one decade. It is a fast paced world out there.

Talking about education system, people always discuss the pros and cons of the systems in both the countries. Pros in India being, standard of education is high and tougher competition. Cons being, some might say that education in India is not industry oriented, in other words, not practical oriented. Continuing with pros - this ends at a certain level of the education, may be at Bachelor's level. Beyond that, in the research field, India has to grow a lot compared to other countries. Companies/Govt. don't invest on research and this in turn leads to a lower grade of research if at all being done.

Thinking in a day-to-day basis, lots of Bachelors students from India fair well when they join a Master's degree abroad. This is an evidence to the education given to them prior to their current degree. Days have (if not today, will soon) come where people in India need not look for higher degrees outside the country. Opportunities can be made available if the education policy makers take a leaf or two from the systems in the West.

This topic is a vast one. Let me not take it any further. There are many roads this can lead to. Also, there are many subsidiary topics like, social, political, and general awareness which might come into picture when we talk about education system of India. Let me run tomorrow and see what else runs in my mind ;)

Comments

Unknown said…
Daud! Daud! Mastime Daud! Daud!Khusime Daud! DauD!
micromysore said…
yar hinde odooke preparation :P

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India