Five years down the line

I am wearing a shirt which I wore first during my college. This is the same shirt I wore for my Oncampus interview and got selected! Not to mention, my brother got me this shirt for my birthday in 2000. Oh! long time to own a shirt in a neat condition.

Thinking about, 'five years ago' and today, such a huge difference I see in everything. Where was I then? What did I dream then? Comparing this to 'where am I now?', and 'what do I dream to see myself 5 years down the line?'.

Surely, many would agree if I say, things have changed a lot. Be it cell phones in India or the new fashion trends. For me, it has been a long walk these years. It has been a jumping one to say the least.

After graduating with a BE and having a job in hand, I was enjoying my post BE vacation till the start date of my first job. Because of IT crash, companies stopped taking in freshers. I sat home for few more months to prepare for a new challenge - UPSC exams. Bought books and started in that direction to become one IAS aapiser (officer). During this preparation, I had to improve my overall skillset including English vocabulary. This made me plan for my GRE to apply for my Master's program. In the meantime, I forgot becoming an IAS officer! Once I was done with GRE, I was waiting for the Universities to send me admits. One fine day, one of the MNCs had campus interview to which I went reluctantly. Within a day, things changed. I had a job in hand and that too outside India - Dubai, UAE.

Few more months of vacation spent before I started my Dubai job. Dubai life was going on good with no hassle. I didn't explore much of Dubai and UAE. I was mostly busy with work and had no transport (car) to move around. Also, it was mostly Summer time when I was there. One thing I remember was the Ramadan month when I used to have post sunset dinner with my friends. Few months into settling there, University admit made me change place. Off to USA.

Oh man! It has been four years since I am in the US. Most of this has been full of fun - with money or no money, it has been just good. No plans of moving to Europe yet ;). Why did I write all these ??? Just because of this shirt I am wearing????? :D. What a small reason to flashback these five years!

Comments

micromysore said…
kind of reminded me of the $5 Aggie shirt .. the basketball game .. ROFL..
SimblyDimply said…
Why havent you moved to Europe yet? hehe! You were supposed to be in Europe by now!! hahaha!
Shyam said…
Yeah. I had a survey of Europe last year. Waiting for friends to join me ;) for my next tour.
Akira said…
Interesting life you've had :)

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India