Busy Street

A residential street has turned into a freeway kind of road. This is the least I can describe about our road. I stood in the balcony few minutes ago to really see the noise out there. Believe me, the numbers are huge. Peak hours of traffic is from 8am to 10am. In the 15-minute duration I witnessed the traffic, I conclude that for every 1 second, I saw atleast 1 vehicle. For 50% of the times, I saw 4-5 vehicles zooming away. If we calculate the numbers for this 2-hour peak duration, atleast 10,000 vehicles go pass our home! How???
2 hours = 120 minutes = 7200 seconds.
1 vehicle every second would imply 7200 vehicles. With 4-5 vehicles passing per second most times, the number is sure to cross 10,000.

This was not the case 10-15 years ago when my brother used to sit in the balcony and read books there! After making the 50-feet road a one-way, it has become havoc in our street. It doesn't look like a residential road at all. One good thing is there is not much dust raising up from the tarmac. If that had been there, our so-called, 'white house' would have turned brown by now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India