US nostalgics

How much can a place make you nostalgic? This depends on what one relates to that place to become nostalgic. For me, US life is very nostalgic. I am using the word, 'nostalgic' to describe 'things which make me recollect of the past'. The dictionary meaning of nostalgia means longing for something past.

1) If I see Obama in the news! Surely that news would have been of some importance if I were to be in the US, not anymore. Still, seeing or reading something about Obama reminds me of my US life.

2) Few shirts I wear - Certain shirts have US connection since I bought them there. It is very hard to not to recollect 'when I bought this?'.

3) Eating non-home food - In US, I have eaten so much of restaurant food that whenever I eat naan, pizza, noodles, etc here, it reminds me of bad Indian food which are served in restaurants there. Also, pizza here have better taste than the ones in US.

4) Few Bollywood songs - some of the movies were releases and were box office hits during my stay there. Kal Ho Na Ho, Mein hoon na, Rang De Basanti, Taaren Zameen Par are few to name. I used to listen to songs from these movies in my car. If I listen to any of those songs now, it reminds of drives I had in Boston and Salt Lake.

5) Next is THE limit for me! Perfume fragrance. Here, I once used a perfume I had bought there in the US couple of years ago. Couldn't believe that my mind flashed back to my days in the US. I have stopped using that perfume since then.

All these happen to me because I started a new phase of my life there in US which was way different than the one in India. During the course of time, few things became really 'dear' to me there, namely, going for drives/picnis, window shopping, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India