A/c Vajra buses in Bangalore


It was 11 am and I was suggested by my manager at office to go home as I was not feeling well due to cold/cough. Other than office cab, auto-rickshaw was the transport. This time, I wanted to try the local air-conditioned Vajra buses. Within 2 minutes, I got the bus and for Rs 33, I got to reach home in an hour's time. These buses are confortable and convenient.

Even though they run empty in non-peak hours, I was told by the conductor that it runs overcrowded during office hours. Office-goers prefer this and don't mind standing inside for 40-45 minutes.

Features I noticed in this bus:
1) There is facility for wheel chair passengers.
2) Driver rear view is shown in a monitor near the steering wheel. A camera sends input to this screen!
3) These buses have auto-transmission gears.
4) Tickets are electronically printed and issued.
5) A/c is good! We can also travel enjoying some radio station without getting disturbed by outside noise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India