Cell phone to ping friends

I am in Jayanagar and I want to know if my friend 'A' is nearby so that I can meet him.

It is a calm Sunday evening and my friend is passing by in my locality. He wants to say 'hi' to me since it has been a long time. He doesn't want to call me to check if I am in. He wants to locate me on his cell phone to check if I am around. With a quick SMS, he will drop by.

I will accept only certain people into this 'track me' feature in my cell phone. That way, I can maintain my privacy.

Question: Can we recommend this to our cell phone companies in India?

What does it cost cell phone companies? Nothing. They track users via 'cell'. So, it is easy.

Does it come with added cost? May be 10-15 rupees extra per bill is OK.

On the business front, is this feature elastic? Yes. If friends meet in a shopping area, they might drop by somewhere for a coffee/dinner/etc. If a visitor drops by at home, there might plan for a dinner-n-movie, etc.

Comments

Unknown said…
Nice idea. Why depend on cellphone companies? Write an app on Android and/or iPhone and patent the idea. You can sell the service yourself.

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India