Carry on Doctor

This place is such a hopeless one when it comes to medical treatment that it seems as though you will see God (almost there in heaven) when you visit a hospital.

Having experienced that once, I didn't want to be there. Still, I wanted immediate doctor's consultation. The system is so laborious that the illness might be gone by the time we find the right doctor. Without an insurance linked to that Hospital or doctor, the patient is nothing but a non-entity.

I did my homework to find out the Hospital connected to my insurance and called them for an appointment.
ME: Hi, I am ..., I want to consult the doctor today. When can I get an appointment?
from that side of the phone came this answer...
"hmmm, let me see. The latest appointment I can give is for December".

What the ????????????

This is the medical facility in the place I live! All these insurance concepts and cost of going to a medical school has made medical treatment a big fuss. I have heard lots of instances that have similar concerns with the doctors here. But, there is no one to change it. Recently, there was a headline, "US docs to visit India". Hope they learn some good things and implement it in their place.

Comments

micromysore said…
go to emergency dude ;-)
SimblyDimply said…
adhe emergency hogbekappa.. avar logic yenu andre...if you are fit enuff to call and speak in english.. then u can wait till dec antha!
Shyam said…
I will go to doctors next time only when God sends me to them. Because, I have seen doctors leading me to Him in the past.
direkishore said…
nija, the health care system is very poor here..

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India