kaash

'kaash mein woh kiya hota', 'kaash mere yeh woh hota..'.
When my mom gave me intection with that thick needle, I said to myself, "I will surely take revenge on all these doctors. I too will become one one day and when I give injection, the patient should die of pain". This was thought when I was a kid and hated injections. ha ha ha. It was really scary to see that boiling water and doctor taking syringe and needle out of that; concetrating deeply on the dosage and then going for that unsympathetic prick. All this drama for simple fever ;).

Lots of things have come along my way which was always an option. Just seeing that Engine driver, my brother used to dream of becoming one and drive it from Bangalore to Kadur in that Mahalakshmi Express. I too dreamt of becoming a bus driver in the Ghat sections of Malnad. Both of our dreams did not end there! Surely we became Engineers, but Software type. ha ha.

The above one was mere freaky thing to think which kids usually think.
Here is a list of things that I did which had some door for future, but I didn't enter.

In school, I used to run a lot. It was customary to have a fall once a week. It was also mandatory to have a bruise on the knee or elbow 24 x 7. Talking about bruise, one of the worst experiences was riding my friend's bicycle when I was 6. I was learning to ride a bicycle and was eager to try my friend's one. He was a confident rider and he put me on the seat and gave a push. One thing I didn't know was to stop. Unfortunately, that bicycle didn't have good breaks. After cycling in the ground for a while, I wanted to do the 'landing'. It was an awful crash landing into thorny bush with couple of thorns piercing my leg.

Coming back to running, I won a few prizes in the track event during my school days. At the same time was a television series on Jessye Owens which made me thing, 'I too can do that'. 'kaash' ;)

When I was ten and playing cricket with my brother, one visitor to our house who was a veteran cricketer and a coach hinted my parents, 'Send him to Bangalore for coaching. He has some talent. I saw him bat and he has good foot work and reflex action.' I was flying in air hearing his comments. 'kaash' mein jaata and cricket seektha... kisko pata. aaj mein wahan Champions Trophy mein khelta hota. ha ha ha.

Name in the newspaper along with event-prize-timing. This was the hot in the local newspaper at Hubli when I won the District level swimming competitions. My coach was super and trained me really well. I used to have two training sessions in a day with my dad and mom taking me to the pool in the morning and evening respectively. Coach was so impressed that he was sure to take me to higher levels of competitions - state and national. Funny part was - the compound wall of the pool fell down due to heavy rain and the pool got closed for more than a year. ha ha ha. All my dreams gaya mitti mein. :D ha ha ha.

College opened my options in the field of acting. My friends who were good in acting took me into their team and we did couple of mad-ads and mime shows which the audience really enjoyed. It was a super hit because of its simple, yet good substance to make the viewers laugh. This was the time when cable TV was coming up everywhere and regional channels had 100s of daily soaps. So, what did I dream now? To become a television actor. ;). No sooner I thought about this, I was out of swades ;).

Doctor, Bus driver, Athlete, Cricketer, Swimmer, Actor - all are kaash mein aisa hota. But, I enjoy what I am now and love what I am doing. Aaj ke dreams - many many... will write few years from now. That will NOT be 'kaash II' though.

Comments

Unknown said…
You are meant to be a sangeetha kalanidhi.. aste! Nothing else..

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India