Thanksgiving tour

Am back with a 1000-mile tour of Thanksgiving to Washington DC and Princeton. It was a good tour to see a new place, meet friends and relatives, and have some great fun.

Drive from Boston to DC was filled with rain and drizzle for most parts of the drive. Back home, I started from DC at 5AM and did my pitstop at Princeton to visit my cousins. It was timed nicely to arrive at their place for breakfast and coffee. After completing a wonderful breakfast, it was time to rest and spend some time with them. Soon, it was lunch time. A good lunch and saying bye, I started my second leg of my drive from Princeton to Boston.

Knowing the traffic on I95 near New York, I did a mistake again. I took a chance and that turned out a 2-hour delay. When I was stuck in the downtown, the 'tank' got filled. Finding an exit was like a miracle for me. Once I found it, I was hunting for a gas station for that 'tank' thing. What to do??? Downtown mein gas station kahaan??? I found some Subway, but found no parking for my car. I tried squeezing my car in some 'no-parking' area, no!!!, cop-mama was just behind me standing on the footpath. Anyways, I was able to find parking somewhere. I ran to subway and found that there is no facility for untanking ;). I asked that person, "where can I find it?", McDonald was the answer. Run run run. Found it! Great! Back to freeway to enjoy the traffic jam.

After 2-hour jam, the traffic ahead was crazy. I could find all kinds of people. SUVs - it is typical to find a full family inside with kids put tied to their kids' seats. Speed of these are average. Next variety is regular cars - I mean, regular, 4-door cars. If it is a popular make, one could find Asian team inside. These cars have sometimes 'confused' expressions like - put the blinkers, but don't turn OR, forget to put blinkers and just change lanes without looking at the blind spot! Once such a thing happens, all inside the car will surely be yelling at the driver, paaapa. Coming to some fast car drivers, these are the 2-door ones. They act like, what we call, "pre-mature babies". If we are fast enough to match the speed limit, they want to be faster than us. They just come from all directions and move in and out like a snake. How do ladies drive? They are good, except, they press brakes on the Freeway more often than expected. This is the worst thing I hate when I see people putting unnecessary brakes on the fastest line of the Freeway.

Driving wasn't tiring. But, it was sometimes boring to drive alone for 1000 miles with no talkers in the car, except her - GPS navigator.

Comments

Satish said…
Nice to read your travel anecdotes.Appreciate your patience in driving alone for 7-8 hours!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India