Stunned

This company 'X' from India comes to my company and advertises to do 24 x 7 Support.

I saw my calender for the day and noted that company 'X' was visiting us and a meeting was scheduled at 3:00pm. I did not think much. Here is how that meeting at 3 O'Clock sounded to me.

One Indian comes in and names herself "n g" and she is the marketing person for that Company. I have known that Indian company for a few years and it is one of the top companies in India, no doubt about it.

Then our manager goes on, " X will be trying to provide us production support 24 x 7. This meeting is to exchange ideas of how our architecture is and how X can help us".

'n g' starts, 'I am from X. We have our HQ in M, India and have around 25 offices in the US. One of our team leads is in LA right now who is ready to join us on the conference bridge. Could we dial that number?' Number dialed :). There comes my friend 'a' in our typical Indian accent and using the word 'like' more than required.

Our intro was over soon. Then, one of our team members started to talk. It was hard to understand his accent as he is Asian ;). In the meeting, there were around 10, out of which 8 were non-americans :D. After that asian's talk, I recapped again because, I surely knew that my friend, 'a' on the conference bridge did not gather much information.

Then, our vice-president, K, started - "we would like to know from you some success stories in the past and how you support". 'a' grabbed the chance to explain - we are basically a team focussing on 24 x 7 complete support. We have one team in the West Coast, one in East Coast and the rest in India. Our India team supports nearly 14 hours of the day and our teams in the US support the rest. We make sure that time overlap exists between changing shifts. bla bla bla.....

To end, 'n g' took over - our plan is to first send a couple of people to our client's office and get trained in the tools and environments; these experts will then move to M, India and train the rest of the team members. (I smiled and said to myself..., why bring them here madam?, mein hoon na. I will tell my company to send me to M,India, for couple of months to train your team)

I really don't know how much this X will charge my company for all these ;). Surely, if something out of the blue happens, I will be the trainer to X and will take care of that X by becoming an insider, yet staying an outside ;).

Something is happening somewhere. Whatever it is - I was really stunned to see company X trying to do some 'kabza' of jobs in US! That 'n g' from X was surely thinking, 'yo man! tum mere company aaja. bla bla bla' :D.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India