Another tiring day

Left home at 10 am - closed work at 5:30pm. I am not at work, but, am roaming from one office to another to get my tasks done.
1) 10 am - Started from home to get transaction entries on bank passbook. Canara Bank, Hanumanthanagar is one of the worst bank branches I have ever seen. Nothing seems to work for me till now. I have been there 3 times this week to get the entries done. Each time, they give the same old reason, "computer not working".
2) Headed to another Canara Bank Branch- this time, it was N.R. Colony. For my surprise, I got it done in one shot! "Nice start" - I thought.
3) Next, headed towards BSNL office to change my internet plan as I will be away from home due to work. I had got the letter printed and that made things easy. I got an acknowledgment for my request. Only problem which I see is refund of the money that I have already paid for the next 12 months. This needs to be tracked in future.
4) My next stop was at Bangalore One center, BDA complex, BSK II Stage. I had to submit our son's passport application. The person at the reception told that they have stopped accepting passport applications. I was directed to go to Bangalore Passport Seva Kendra near Urvashi theater. Time was ticking and it was 11:30am.
5) 11:50am - Reached BBMP office near Vidyapeeta to get the receipt of tax paid. 12:50pm (i.e., one hour past my arrival there) - no progress. Nobody responds to my query and are lethargic. One guy asks me to check a few bundles of files to see if my receipt is hidden somewhere in there. For my ill-luck, I didn't find it. Finally, one fellow tells, "Come next week. Person X will be here. You can ask him." 60 minutes of time waste done.
6) It was 1pm - I parked the car at home and took an auto to reach Passport seva Kendra near Urvashi theater. Firstly, who told that it is near Urvashi? Newspapers did! Fact is, it is 10 minutes walk from Urvashi theater. Nobody around the place knows that such an office has come into existence. In the end, I see a Prestige Group commercial building on which I notice "Passport Seva Kendra" (PSK). Time is 1:21pm. Doors are closed for any new customers. Many confused people are waiting outside for information and more confusion around as time pass by. When asked for new passport application form, one security guy tells, "come at 2pm". It was nearly 40 minutes away. Heat was beating down and I was tired of roaming. We (people) started a line to collect the application form. At 1:55pm, some 'hungama' starts 50 meters away with lots of people gathered. When I checked there, some tom-dick-harry was distributing the new passport application forms like hot donuts.

6a) There were 4-5 people in that PSK who had come to apply for their kids. One of them told that she had been to Bangalore One center (BDA Complex, BSK II stage) and they told her to get the new forms after which they will accept the application. She had come here to buy the new form. With that info, I was satisfied that I could avoid another visit to this PSK. This PSK was off the next day (due to Buddha Poornima). People there told that, applicants gather at the place at 5:30 am to collect the token which is given at 8 am. By 8:10am, 175 tokens (limited per day) are distributed and token counter is closed for the rest of the day. Others??? Try another day!

7) Time- 2:30pm - When people are around Urvashi theater during lunch time, I think they won't avoid lunch at MTR. With my stomach empty and me not having energy to even walk, I had to get in to MTR just to refuel myself. A lunch for Rs. 130 was good enough to bring me home.

8) It is 3:30pm and my last leg for the day is pending - Go to Bangalore One one more time to apply for passport. By 4pm, We three (whole family) landed in Bangalore One. By 5:30pm, we were successful in submitting our passport application for our son! At last, this chapter ends. I calculated the travel distance I covered this whole week to apply for my son's passport. It is 39 Kms. For something which is 5Kms away, I had to do so much of roaming! This again proves that living here is such a hurdle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India