Wrote a test

Company 'A' had called me to write a test as part of their recruitment process. The test reminded me of GRE and also the tests which most Bachelor of Engineering (BE) freshers would take.

The whole 3 hours went so fast that I couldn't realize that I was hitting evening traffic while heading home. First impression of this Company 'A' was good. I had no doubts that it is one of the premier companies when it comes to branded software products. There were 4 sections in the test. The first two were Analytical and Quantitative, followed by, Engineering section. The last section was a section on Java and J2EE.

The first two sections consisted of questions similar to the ones I saw during my GRE prep. In Analytical, questions like, "A sits next to B... B doesn't like C and D, E wants to sit with G.. What is the right order of sitting?" took me to my old days (nearly 10 years ago) of Engineering when we wrote such tests every Monsoon season. The Engineering section was something I had to recollect a lot. There were questions related to Assembly level language and a piece of code was given and asked to write the output.

With a quick coffee break, I started my last section on Java/J2EE. This was something I was familiar as it is part of my work. End of this whole session, I said to myself that it had been a long time since I wrote an 'exam' or a 'test'. The last I had written was in DMV at San Diego, CA in 2008.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India