Task on hand

My current task on hand is to get my passport renewed. I am opting for the Tatkaal scheme which should take 3 days from the day I apply.

Today, my agenda was to get the paperwork done for the application. For Tatkaal, two things are important - (1) Verification certificate from an officer of certain cadre and above, (2) Affidavit, with seal and sign by notary.

I went to Income Tax Office to get verification certificate signed by an authorized officer. The office is a treat to visit (if you are not evading to pay tax). It is so neat and welcoming to visitors! I was waiting for the signature in the corridor. One assistant requested me to be seated in the visitor's lounge. Once I went there, it was not an office for me, rather a five-star experience. The visitor sitting area had A/C, a TV, newspaper/magazines, and couches to relax! I got my sign done in a few minutes.

End of the day, my paperwork is half complete with notary sign pending for tomorrow. Bad part about the affidavit process is the scarcity of stamp-paper. With much trouble, I got the stamp-paper and submitted for signature.

Renewal(re-issue) of passport is not an easy one as I had thought. It is a cumbersome process which takes time and patience to get it done without issues.

Reference page - Click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India