Last day at Y!

With reference to my earlier blog ( here ) written almost 2 years ago, I got to write this one as a closing ceremony practice. Friday was my last day at Y.

By 4pm, my paperwork formalities were completed and I was ready to say good-bye to everyone there. I did sent a few emails personally to some of my close quarters and got a reply back by the time I shut down my laptop one last time. The team had arranged a farewell party just before leaving. It was a nice experience working in a company like Y.

Everybody had two questions in mind - 1) Why are you leaving? 2) Where are you joining next?
Frankly speaking, there are only few options left to answer both the above questions. It is so simple and straight forward.
For 1), options are:
a) Got a new job with better salary - We call it, "better career opportunity".
b) Didn't like what I was doing.
c) Want to experiment something different.
d) Didn't like the management and the way things were progressing.

For 2) options are:
a) Joining company 'xyz'.
b) Still hunting.
c) Not yet decided what to do next. So, taking a break.

To pick my options, it is d) and c) respectively. I did note that few goof-ups by management do create a bad impression of the company on an employee. I think, it is one of the major reasons people tend to change jobs. There is very little an employee can do to overpower the management. Best is to 'move on'. With hectic work schedule, it is always good to take a break and spend some precious time with family before venturing out back in the ocean!

Comments

Unknown said…
Wish you all the best Shyam!

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India