Passport renewal application submitted

Submitted for passport renewal today. This task which was in my mind for the past 3 days has been completed without much fuss.

Today, I was in Passport office at 8:30am. By then, around 500 others had already gathered. I didn't know in which line to stand. After few queries, I stood in the right line. By 9:30am, line started moving in to the building. It was hot-hot-hot outside with no shelter. By 10:30am, I had my luck when I was inside the building with a token number in hand.

By 11:30am, I was called to the counter. For my surprise, the counter representative told that my passport is damaged. There was little bit of damage due to spilling of water couple of years ago. Without much doubt, I asked him the steps to resolve this ASAP. An extra Rs. 2,500 (for damaged passport) was the solution given.

By 12:30pm, I was done with payment of fees for my renewal. I should be getting my passport in the next 7 days.

Moral of the story -
1) Keep all documents ready and handy along with photocopies.
2) Be early at the office to stand in the line.
3) Before standing in a line, ask people stand there before standing in that line.
4) Though time-consuming, submitting application is a straight forward one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India