Electrifying Jazz Concert

It was Saturday morning 8:30 am. I got an SMS when I was still in bed. It was like a wakeup call in the end. That SMS was from my friend who had sent about Prasanna's Jazz concert in the evening. Next moment, I called him for more info.

Plan was confirmed by the time I was up. The concert was held at B Flat, a Jazz place in Bangalore's Indiranagar area. As I had mentioned about Prasanna to many of my friends around before, they always wished to listen to him live. To help them do that, I made a few phone calls to my friends and they were all geared up for evening program.

The Concert started off with typical Prasanna style - A lightening and thunderous start! He played his compositions from his albums, Peaceful, Be The Change and Electric Ganeshaland. In the 2nd half of the concert, he jazzed with Thermal and a Quarter (TAAQ) and many other local artists. The whole place was doubly overcrowded!!! There was hardly any place to stand, I believe. The concert was truely amazing with great energy.

This concert took me back to those days when I was in Boston. I had listened to lot of Jazz in places like Ryles Jazz Club. In the audience this evening, there were many non-Indian faces (may be 25% or so). May be, these are people who are visiting Bangalore on work. In the middle of the concert, I felt as if I was not in Bangalore, but, in Boston!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India