I don't know Japanese!

Today, I had to contact one of our colleagues in Japan for the first time. I pinged him and said, "Konnichiwa". His first reply was, "wow, you know Japanese..". We chatted a bit about our work and also about some Japanese movies I had seen.

Finally, I really wanted to tell, "thank you" in Japanese. Searched for that online and got it too. Sent him that in Japanese ( Dōmo arigatō). He replied back completely in bits and pieces! i.e., どうもありがとう。

Later, I told him I was looking to buy Oshin DVD. He vanished for few minutes and gave me one amazon link. I opened it. I was not understanding a bit on that page. That was because, the whole page was in Japanese :D.

It was nice to chatting with him :).

Comments

Unknown said…
Ohiyo Gozaimos!
Arun said…
Oshin is that tv serial that used to come in DD?

Popular posts from this blog

Music+Food at Kamat Bugle Rock

Visiting Badami-Aihole-Pattadakal

Returning back to India